Pagine

Sunday, June 28, 2026

A CLEAR POINT

FEB, 18th 2026 ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Dear Mutsumi, I believe we have reached a clear point. I have said what I think (in a rude but effective way), and you have rightly expressed your point of view, and that’s the end of it. I agree that there is no need to further deepen the discussion. I have already informed my siblings of your refusal. Moreover, I have no advantage in having Haruka meet my relatives because, under these conditions, it would be an effort for everyone. It would also be truly embarrassing for me to justify Haruka’s condition and any emotionally detached behavior, whether absorbed from an alienating culture or stemming from who knows what psychological or traumatic issues. I had to and wanted to insist because it is what I must do. I don’t even dare imagine the situation if my mother were still alive and had wanted to meet the child. It gives me chills! I am suffering, but I am calm because from now on I will think of the trip only as a moment of leisure and I won’t have to worry about anything. I won’t have to justify my daughter for her distant behavior toward me, even though I am her father, and I am sure I will (finally) be seen as a victim by my relatives as well. Furthermore, as already mentioned, I have work commitments and I cannot waste time on these matters. After the trip, I will be busy for quite a while. Therefore, I will consider all evaluations of responsibility for this situation in the coming years. And I have every right to also consider Shogo responsible. And so I am left with the hope that, one day, I may somehow get back at him. I am truly not two different people; I simply have feelings that coexist, which at times are conflicting. I am a nervous person. And until I have vented about what I consider to be an injustice that I have suffered or am suffering, I keep going on about it. At the same time, I believe I am someone who knows how to love, who tries to find common ground with others, even if they think differently from me; I try to be empathetic, seeking to understand the other person’s point of view, even if their interests do not align with mine. So please believe me when I say I truly send you my warm regards, and I am sorry for having ruined these days for you. A kiss to Haruka! Bye! (This text was translated with AI.)

No comments:

Post a Comment