Pagine

Thursday, September 7, 2023

I WANT YOU WELL (VI VOGLIO BENE!)

1/1/2023 

My Dear Mutsumi,


I want to say to you two <<Ti voglio bene, Vi voglio bene!>>. It is a sentence that cannot be translated in English in a proper way.

If you put it on “google translate” it gives out <<I love you!>>. But in Italian translation of <<I love you!>> is <<Ti amo!>> that is a sentence that has also a sexual meaning. So a mother may say “ti amo” to a child, but it isn’t appropriate if a father says it to a son or a guy says it to a sister.

We use instead the sentence “Ti voglio bene” that is literally translated in “I want you well”. It is a deep feeling that come from inside for the other person. I have this feeling for you and Haruka. I really want the best for you.

I am not asking that you have to have the same feeling for me. I only hope that you understand what moves me inside.

Bye.

Andrea

No comments:

Post a Comment